New York PGM Event - 14th September 2021
This special live online event, on the theme of “Where next for palladium?” explored how the palladium price is likely to be impacted in these uncertain times. The event featured presentations from our two invited experts, as well as the launch of the latest issue of The Palladium Standard.
New York PGM Event 2021
Stephen Forrest and Beresford Clarke provided an insightful takeaway on the palladium price outlook, and answered the following questions:
- How is the palladium price likely to be impacted in these uncertain times?
- Have we passed ‘peak palladium’?
- How will pent-up auto demand (from semiconductor chip shortages) play out?
- Do significant upward revisions in battery electric vehicle production indicate long-term palladium auto demand destruction?
- When will the geographically diverse palladium supply growth overshoot medium-term demand?
- Stephen Forrest, Executive Chairman, SFA (Oxford) and Beresford Clarke, Director of Research SFA (Oxford): Where next for palladium? SFA's perspective on tomorrow's market
- Lakshya Gupta, Senior Market Analyst: Battery Materials and Technologies, SFA (Oxford): The risks of battery electric vehicles powering ahead
- Guest speaker Oliver Krestin: Autocatalyst recycling: supply chain difficulties
- Guest speaker Alexandra Gavrilova: PGM refining in Russia
Each attendee at our event received a complimentary copy of The Palladium Standard which provides SFA's view on the palladium, platinum and rhodium markets and the key industry data and indicators for the past 12 months.
Our 2021 guest speakers
Oliver Krestin, Hensel Recycling
'Autocatalyst recycling: supply chain difficulties'
Oliver was appointed Managing Director of Hensel Recycling in 2013, having previously been employed within the company as Executive Vice President and Business Development Manager. Before Joining Hensel Recycling, he held various senior roles at Degussa AG, Deutschen Edelmetall Recycling AG, and Johnson Matthey. Oliver holds a degree from the Bertha Heraeus Business School.
Alexandra Gavrilova, JSC Krastsvetmet
'PGM refining in Russia'
Alexandra is employed in a key role within the Refining Division at JSC Krastsvetmet. Having gained several years of precious metals experience within the company, she is now responsible for precious metals export sales, the coordination of refining customers and market analytics. Alexandra holds a degree from Siberian State University.
Attendees who have requested individual access to the recorded version to view at their convenience can do so in SFA (Oxford)'s secure area.