Battery Metal Reports
Looking at the entire envelope of battery raw materials is vital to identifying where the bottlenecks in metal supply will come from. These reports forensically evaluate the state of the EV ecosystem to establish the existing (and emerging) opportunities and threats for investors and industry stakeholders alike.
Battery Raw Materials Quarterly
Bringing together SFA (Oxford)’s expertise in the lithium, cobalt and nickel markets, this quarterly price risk report is designed to aid investors and industry stakeholders to monitor and contextualise market impacting events. The rapidly evolving nature of government policy, electric vehicle (EV) roll-out plans, the battery industry value chain, and lithium, nickel and cobalt market players, requires detailed analysis and interpretation to provide the reader with information on the most up-to-date risks to metal markets and pricing.
Who should read this Price Radar Report?
- All industry stakeholders and new business entrants who need to keep abreast of the evolving influences on the lithium, nickel and cobalt markets and prices, including automotive and industrial end-users, battery industry players, mining companies and juniors, as well as recyclers.
- Investors and financial institutions needing to understand and quantify the risks and opportunities in the industry, future costs of production and short- to medium-term prices.
Market outlook for lithium, nickel and cobalt
Released four times a year on a subscription basis, the Battery Raw Materials Quarterly report will keep you abreast of rapidly evolving developments in the lithium, nickel and cobalt markets, providing you with a competitive edge.
The content of each market report will vary according to lithium, nickel and cobalt industry events and market developments, but will be tailored to incorporate an individual client’s specific strategic requirements. Typically, the reports will include:
- SFA (Oxford)’s five-year price forecast for lithium carbonate, lithium hydroxide, nickel and cobalt.
- The impact of powertrain technology trends, specifically EV forecast risks including: global powertrain evolution and electrification, automaker announcements and implications for commodities, EU CO2 targets and opportunities for EVs, hybrid technology developments, China’s policies and the new energy vehicle (NEV) market, and US market risks.
- Lithium market: price developments, battery-grade demand, battery cathode chemistries, lithium carbonate vs. hydroxide, battery factory developments and industry players, supply response, reserves and resources, supply vs. demand, and supply risks from hard rock and brine operations.
- Nickel market: nickel and nickel sulphate price developments, the evolution of batteries and nickel sulphate requirements, stainless steel versus battery demand, Class 1 and Class 2 supplies, new projects, availability of Class 1 nickel for nickel sulphate production, and the economics of nickel and nickel sulphate supply.
- Cobalt market: demand developments, battery cathode chemistries, substitution risks, supply and supply risks, politics and mining in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), global reserves and projects, and trade to China.
- Producer economics of primary lithium (LCE), lithium hydroxide, nickel, nickel sulphate and cobalt supply, including factors influencing cost inflation and exchange rate and volume impacts.
- Macroeconomic developments on supply-demand fundamentals and technology (global, US, EU and China).
- Comments on the political and socio-economic risks impacting on primary supply in politically sensitive producing regions.
- Detailed market balances: lithium, lithium hydroxide, nickel, nickel sulphate and cobalt.
- Supporting data on lithium and cobalt: lithium supply by region, producer and operation, battery-grade lithium hydroxide by operation, lithium and lithium hydroxide supply from probable and possible projects, lithium demand by end-use, lithium EV demand by region, battery-grade lithium hydroxide demand by region, nickel supply by region and from probable and possible projects, nickel demand by end-use, nickel EV demand by region, cobalt supply by region and from probable and possible projects, cobalt demand by end-use, and cobalt EV demand by region.
Each report is supported by a conference call with SFA (Oxford)'s team of analysts, which will take place shortly after you receive the report. At that time, our team of analysts can answer any questions you may have about the powertrain metals outlook for the lithium, lithium hydroxide, nickel, nickel sulphate and cobalt markets.