Iridium Market Reports
Iridium has recently performed strongly and the metal is well established in several processes and components where it will be quite difficult to substitute out. However, prospective end-users remain very wary of committing to a metal perceived as having limited long-term supply and a track record of volatile prices.
SFA (Oxford) is the only company in the world to have derived iridium mine production volumes and developed detailed demand modelling of all major end-uses to provide an authoritative view of the current and future iridium market.
In response to requests for more regular iridium market intelligence, we now produce a quarterly iridium market report that allows you to keep up to date with this market.
The Iridium Quarterly Market Report
An independent overview of the iridium market (historical and future), in particular, its use in LEDs, catalysis and the biomedical, jewellery and automotive sectors; manufacturing and fabrication bases, players and regions; price and performance drivers encouraging the use of iridium; threats to iridium (within substrate, tooling sector) at current prices (substitution by molybdenum and tungsten etc.); new technologies; and opportunities for iridium growth in new LED applications (automotive, industrial and residential lighting, signs, etc.) and chemical demand.
Current and future pricing, market growth, technology development and the underlying evolution of demand and end-uses are mapped out for the next ten years, together with an estimate of existing iridium end-use consumption rates (by use and region), taking into account the threat of potential substitution (both directly from competing materials and indirectly from evolving technology) and possible opportunities from emerging technologies.
Using SFA (Oxford)’s knowledge of, and expertise in, the iridium industry, The Iridium Quarterly Market Report is a comprehensive report that offers insights (commercial knowledge) and proprietary (discreetly derived) estimates of above-ground iridium stocks (stockpiles, working inventories and risk positions) that currently exist with producers, traders and recyclers.
Q4 2018 Iridium Report
Find out more about our latest Iridium Quarterly Market Report.
Who should read this report
- Iridium-/PGM-focused end-users and fabricators in need of a quarterly, independent picture of the supply, demand and pricing of the iridium market and its evolving technologies and new applications.
- Producers and fabricators requiring an independent quarterly review of end-use evolution, including opportunities, threats and substitutes, as well as an understanding of price risks.
The Iridium Quarterly Market Report includes the following sections:
- Supply-demand estimates to 2022
- Price history and forecast
- Trade flows
- Supply update – from the main producers, the implications for metal supply and any notable stock movements
- Demand update by end-use – highlighting the implications for metal demand, both positive and negative
- Technology – evaluating potential new demand areas, identifying where new technology may substitute or thrift current iridium demand
- Legislation – as a driver of demand, where it affects certain processes
- Companies – identifying mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and any other activities that may influence technology choices